logo
Most Viewed Last 7 Days
436MHz DATV Up-Converter (301)
DVB-S USB rx (98)
GB3KM streaming with ffmpeg & Gallery (96)
11km on 134GHz (73)
Tropo Nov 2005 (73)
ATV over the Pennines! (61)

Home



Cluster Activity

Spots per uW band today:
UK spotter or spotted only.

Solar data:
SFI
73
A-Index
15
K-Index
3
Exp.K
3
Sunspots
0
Activity
qui
GMF
qui
Aurora?
no

My Weather

Date:23/11/17 Time:14:55
Temp:9C
Wind Speed:10mph
Wind Dir:180deg
Pressure:990.98mB
Humidity:118%
Dew Point:12.6C
UKHASnet
23cm In the beginning

For 23cm I started out with ATV Amateur Television with a 24 element JVL design Loop-yagi antenna made from copper brake pipe and aluminium U section about 2m long. This worked very well for Receiving ATV and has a reasonable amount of gain, but I managed to get hold of 2x28 element G3JVL yagis off-the internet on G3CWI site including a 1W ATV transmitter.
This was bought in dec 2003, the gear finally came in may 2004! The guy who I bought it off had some family problems and the gear was not one of his main priorities, all was ok in the end but I was about sick of waiting!.
Anyway, these antennas were phased together and improved the 23cm setup dramatically and with the transmitter I could join in with the other local stations finally.


Next on 23cm I bought a transverter from gm4wll, a kit made by DownEast Microwave in the USA.
Now I could then hear the GB3MLE beacon over 80km away at S7 all the time, wnith the old homebrew atenna it is only about S1.
Since then I have added a preamp on 23cm and switching relays at the top of the mast for tx/rx and replaced all the coax with mostly Andrews heliax LDF4-50 which reduced losses A LOT, this is the way to go with microwaves :)

The original Setup:

Setup Diagram











Last page added:16/08/17 15:45
M0DTS.co.uk